Sunday 14 December 2014

The Sunday Posts 2014/Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening



Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   


My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   


He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   


The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.
 
Robert Frost,
Photo By Alistair.

 

4 comments:

DB Stewart said...

One of my absolute favourite poems to teach.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...and one of my absolute faves - just because! &*> YAM xx

Rebecca S. said...

My son wrote music to this poem a while back. I must find it and have a listen. This poem was such a great discovery back when I was a student. It takes me directly into those silent woods and makes me stop a while, too.

Bovey Belle said...

Another fan of Robert Frost here. This is such a comforting poem.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...