Sunday 1 December 2013

The Sunday Posts 2013/ This is she



On order that must be obeyed
I sing of a dear little maid.
A mirthfully serious,
Sober, delirious,
Gently imperious
Maid.

And first we'll consider her eyes
{Alike as to colour and size}
Her winkable, blinkable,
Merrily twinkable,
Simply unthinkable,
Eyes.

Then having a moment to spare,
We turn our attention to hair;
Her tendrilly-curlative,
Tumbly and wearlative,
Super superlative
Hair.

Forbear to dismiss with a shrug,
Her nose, undeniably pug; -
Her strictly permissible,
Turn-up-like-thisable,
Urgently kissable,
Pug.

Now, moving a point to the South,
We come to an actual mouth,
Coral, pearlierous,
Argumentiferous,
Mainly melliferous,
Mouth.

Observe, underneath it, a chin,
Connoting the dimple within,
A steady, reliable,
Hardly defiable,
True, undeniable,
Chin.

By all that is fair it appears,
We'd almost forgotten her ears,
Those never neglectable,
Tinted, delectable,
Highly respectable,
Ears!

And last let us speak of herself,
That blithe little gypsy and elf,
Her quite unignorable,
Absence deplorable,
Wholly adorable,
Self.

Arthur Guitarman.
Photo by Alistair.


6 comments:

DB Stewart said...

You, my friend, are blessed.

Alistair said...

Haha! You think?

Bovey Belle said...

So I think, is your wife. I cannot imagine my husband even reading a poem of any sort, let alone posting one in praise . . .

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a delightful poem and the photo, as always, is perfect!

Saying 'hi' from Edinburgh...finally. YAM xx

Alistair said...

Hi BB, He's missing a trick if he doesn't read some poetry. It's a great medium I think.

Yes it is The Lovely G {of course} and while I didn't necessarily plan it as an homage to her I'll take any brownie points going. {Believe me - I need all I can get!}

Hi Yamini,
Hehe - Glad you like it - and WELCOME HOME!

Rebecca S. said...

Aww..sweet and whimsical.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...