Tuesday 24 December 2013

Happy Christmas one and all.



 

On window panes, the icy frost
Leaves feathered patterns, crissed & crossed,
But in our house the Christmas tree
Is decorated festively
With tiny dots of colored light
That cozy up this winter night.
Christmas songs, familiar, slow,
Play softly on the radio.
Pops and hisses from the fire
Whistle with the bells and choir.
My tiger is now fast asleep
On his back and dreaming deep.
When the fire makes him hot,
He turns to warm whatever’s not.
Propped against him on the rug,
I give my friend a gentle hug.
Tomorrow’s what I’m waiting for,
But I can wait a little more.

Bill Watterson

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Big mushy smiles here... all the very best of the season to you and the lovely G!!! YAM xxx

Anonymous said...

Such warmth does a best friend possess...

Wishing you and yours all of this and more!

Merry Christmas!

Bovey Belle said...

Belated Christmas greetings from a soggy Wales. What a lovely poem that was.

DB Stewart said...

The wait is over. I hope you had a great day bud.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...