Sunday 4 August 2013

The Sunday Posts 2013/Sink Song


This weeks offering is chosen by blogger pal Indigo Roth who's staying with us at the moment. {Strange that - I thought I'd managed to put him off  for life the last time he was here!}

I imagine he chose this because of all the lovely porage I make him - not the amount of porage-pot washery I've made him do, although you can tell what's made the biggest impression.

Scouring out the porridge pot
Round and round and round!

Out with all the scraith and scoopery,
Lift the eely ooly droopery,
Chase the glubbery slubbery gloopery
Round and round and round!

Out with all the doleful dithery,
Ladle out the slimy slithery,
Hunt and catch the hithery thithery,
Round and round and round!

Out with all the obbly gubbly,
On the stove it burns so bubbly,
Use the spoon and use it doubly,
Round and round and round.

Poem by J.A. Lindon

Photo of Indigo Roth by Indigo Roth {because the man loves a 'selfie'.}

6 comments:

Indigo Roth said...

Ah, abuse. It must be a day with a 'Y' in it.

Alistair said...

Of course. You never expected anything else did you?

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Now then you pair, whit's cooking? Every single one of my days has a 'why' in it...

Smart bloke up top. Sludgery words beneath. But in a nice way. Hugs to all in the Northern Realm. YAM xx

Alistair said...

Ha! Hullo Yamini.

I love him really. {and he's very helpful round the house.}

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Even though born and bred a true Scot, I just cannot stand porridge. Even with lashing of cream and brown sugar.

Alistair said...

Hi TSB,

It's taken me a long time to get over my childhood aversion but I'm there now. Love it. Salt normally but now and then with a touch of honey instead. We don't eat so much in the summer, but sometimes it's just the thing.....

Cheers!

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...