Sunday 10 February 2013

The Sunday Posts 2013/Down by The Sally Gardens



Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her would not agree.
In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

3 comments:

Indigo Roth said...

Hey Alistair! This is a timely lesson for an impulsive buck like myself; thank you. And that is one superb photo! Indigo

Alistair said...

Thanks Indigo. Being impulsive is always a risk - but how else do you know you're alive. Just always pack a parachute - and know where the exits are!

The photo is from a holiday last March. Riva Del Garda on Lake Garda, Italy. Very photogenic place.

Rebecca S. said...

Oh, Yeats. But being a bit foolish comes with being young..at least in my experience!!

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...