Sunday 11 November 2012

The Sunday Posts 2012/Remembrance Day



This weeks poem is dedicated to the memory of the fallen, the departed and those who suffer the effect of war regardless of nationality.

 
Here dead we lie
Because we did not choose
To live and shame the land
From which we sprung.

Life, to be sure,
Is nothing much to lose,
But young men think it is,
And we were young.

Alfred Edward Houseman

Sam Robertson.   Royal Scots Fusiliers 1915-1918
Thomas Hughes.  Royal Flying Corps   1914-1918
Sam Robertson.    Bomber Command.   1944-1945

1 comment:

Rebecca S. said...

Good ol' A.E. Houseman. He said it well.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...