Sunday 8 April 2012

The Sunday Posts 2012



I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm,
Your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm,
Yes, many loved before us, I know that we're not new,
In city and in forest they smiled like me and you,
But now it's come to distances and both of us must try,
Your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, that's no way to say goodbye.

I'm not looking for another as I wander in my time,
Walk me to the corner, our steps will always rhyme
You know my love goes with you as your love stays with me,
It's just the way it changes, like the shoreline and the sea,
But let's not talk of love or chains and things we can't untie,
Your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, that's no way to say goodbye.

I loved you in the morning, our kisses deep and warm,
Your hair upon the pillow like a sleepy golden storm,
Yes many loved before us, I know that we are not new,
In city and in forest they smiled like me and you,
But let's not talk of love or chains and things we can't
untie,
Your eyes are soft with sorrow,
Hey, that's no way to say goodbye.

'Hey, that's no way to say goodbye'
By Leonard Cohen

Photo of a Lothian Sunset by Alistair.

13 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely song to be reminded of on a lazy Sunday morning Al. Thanks for that.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I always thought Cohen was a bit of a wimp; but seriously Alistair, you're getting too romantic. Never mind how much your Lady G likes it, it is making me a wee bit nauseous. And it doesn't really rhyme.

Please excuse me, I've got to find a bucket.

Alistair said...

I'm glad you appreciate it. You're clearly a lady of taste Jane.

Now excuse me while I deal with this character below you.....


To each their own TSB, to each their own. In science and nature {and art} there is a place for evrything..

I'd probably reach for a bucket too - but it would end up over your head you old grump!

{and there's one coming specially for you next week}

Cheers folks.

Alistair said...

And of course it rhymes!

Indigo Roth said...

Ah Leonard, Leonard. How we love thee. I'm off to listen to FAMOUS BLUE RAINCOAT. Thanks Alistair!

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

"And of course it rhymes!"

Your eyes are soft with sorrow

and this rhymes with what???


PS I like being a grump.

Alistair said...

Aha! - another man of taste Indigo - unlike this unreconstructed grump below. Methinks I tweaked a wee hankering for something there and I bet you could hear him speaking it as you read.

TSB - Now I know why they keep you locked in a classroom most of the time.

Now ok - there's one line that doesn't resolve itself with a following rhyme but that's a common thing in poetry AS YOU WELL KNOW and there have been many MANY examples posted before that you haven't felt the need to question.

There's only one thing worse than a grump and that's a grump with too much time on his hands {he says speaking from experience}.

I understand why Mrs Twisted keeps you with a list of jobs to be done and has a back-up array of 'activities' for you to join her in.

ps It wouldn't be you if you weren't grumpy - well some of the time anyway.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Oh come on.
It ain't too difficult.
sorrow; borrow...see even I can make a rhyme.
Cohen is just to depressing, although I will admit that using his song "these times are a changin'" was an excellent choice for the opening credits of the Watchmen.

Thanks for enjoying my esential and intrinsic grumpiness.

Alistair said...

Aye right.

and

Nae bother!

Alistair said...

ps. Bloody Kiwi!

DB Stewart said...

No says it like Leonard Cohen.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I've hit 300000 views you know.

Alistair said...

After all these years I'd have thought she would have hit you a lot more.......

You must be sucking visitors away from me....

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...