Friday 30 December 2011

ISN'T TECHNOLOGY WONDERFUL.

Shame about the colour though

Was Santa good to you? He was to me!


Amongst the lots of goodies I received was a hands-free headset like these. This cracking bit of kit allows me to do lots of things with the laptop while wandering around the house. I can use the voice recognition system to control the laptop operation, create letters, post blogs, listen to music and the BBC I-player etc from almost anywhere in the house. So, I can amble through to the kitchen and make myself a coffee without missing any of my favourite music. One of the downsides is that now I wear the headphones almost all the time and there have been times when my lovely G has been calling to me not realising that I have the headphones on and of course I haven't heard a word she said. Sorry – one of the best things about it is that now I wear headphones almost all the time, if my lovely G is looking for me to give me jobs to do etc, I can’t hear a word of what she's saying. Blooming marvellous!


One of the other useful features is that the headphones work even in the smallest room in the house. Yes guys – technological advancement now means I can go to the loo and be perfectly cocooned while occupied listening to my favourite stand-up comedy routines or youtube music at the same time. Add a book or newspaper and I can be gone for ages. 

Technology is all about making life better for us and as far as I'm concerned these little beauties are a major step forward. Even better, as an extra bonus, the even keep your ears warm. Must have been developed by a guy!


And now you'll have to excuse me. I've just picked up my newspaper and have an appointment to attend to in the smallest room. Don't wait around for me – I may be gone some time………….



Isn't technology wonderful!



See you later.


Listening to:

3 comments:

lom said...

happy New Year and all the best for 2012

Antares Cryptos said...

When it improves life, technology is wonderful.
Happy New Year and a great year.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Be careful, be very careful if you're using your new wireless headphones/microphone in the "Little Boy's Room" if it's still connected to the compuer.
The sensitive microphone may pick up other "noises" being produced, and may cause strange things to happen to your computer system.

What if you start farting in Binary?
I don't even want to discuss other possibilities, my stomach is still a tad senitive.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...