Wednesday 31 March 2010

Monday Night Is Music Night


Hullo ma wee blog,

Monday night saw the latest live gig, Amy Macdonald at the HMV Picture House in Edinburgh, a complete sell out. We got there early as I met the lovely G from work and we had a lght dinner at the cafe in 'The Filmhouse' just across the road. Then, as usual, G insisted we get in the queue early to make sure we had a good slot for the show. As it turns out - again, as usual - she was right and we ended up in the front row of the balcony, dead center with the perfect view at this small venue.

Support was Jersey Budd, singer songwriter, and very good he and his band were too. Echoes of 'Oasis' and 'The Verve' with a twist of 'Stereophonics'



The roadies were very efficient and the support act cleared and Amy set up in less than half an hour.

Onstage by 9pm, she was in good voice and in great form for a lengthy session covering off her last two albums in their entirety.

A great show, great crowd and great venue. Couldn't ask for much more from my late birthday present. She's a great little entertainer, writes her own material and gives a powerhouse performance. She's got an engaging style, some fabulous lyrics and can come up with some unforgettable tunes. I have wanted to see her live since I heard her on the radio for the first time and it was such a great concert. Amazing.

2 hours over all too soon and then time to hit the road to home.



Cant wait till Thursday and Chris Rea.

Never too much live music in your life!!!

see you later.

Listening to Chris Rea 'Stainsby Girls'

4 comments:

Scottish Nature Boy said...

I can, in all honesty, say I have never knowingly listened to her. But I will check out your links after work! And report back...

The Scudder said...

I entered and got to the last 20 for a Photo competition run in Glasgow by some Beer company ,, you know the kind of thing ,, free food, beer and see the competition winners being chosen ,,anyway, Ami McDonald was the "turn" during the night but this was quite a while before she hit the big time ,, in fact the wee lassie wi' her guitar was a nobody and just a noise in the corner ,,, although we did say at the time that she wasn't bad !! But we weren't too sober by that point in the evening so ???
So we too have seen her live & close up .,.,
Also tried to get tickets last week for Chris Rea ( are we leading a double life ? )but sadly all sold out !
We've booked to go to the Don McLean concert in May ,, you're not going there too ??

Alistair said...

Either that or we are mutual stalkers!

No, Don McLean is going to pass me by. Not really a fan of Donny boy........

See we ARE two different people - that's a relief! I was beginning to think I had a tumour or something.

My lovely G booked the tickets about October last year for Chris Rea!

Cheers.....Al.

Rebecca S. said...

I agree - you can never have too much live music. Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

The Sunday Posts 2017/Mince and Tatties.

Mince and Tatties I dinna like hail tatties Pit on my plate o mince For when I tak my denner I eat them baith at yince. Sae mash ...